What hatchery do you use?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Chicken Fruit, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    just wondering. Provide their website if they have one.

2. camalianus

camalianus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Many of my friends use Marti Poultry in Missouri. Website www.martipoultry.com They will send you a free color catalog. They have nice variety and wonderful customer service.[​IMG]

3. ashtray

ashtray Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    i just placed an order through http://www.meyerhatchery.com/ i have called and changed the order 3 times already [​IMG] . they dont seem to be annoyed at me yet ..... i bought 5 RIR , 1 slw , 1 glw, 2 buf orpingtons and 4 amerucanas .

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    We've ordered from Mypetchicken.com and Meyerhatchery.com. I've been to Meyer and met Charlotte personally. They are all very good people and so helpful.

5. birdsofparadise

birdsofparadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    North Kohala, Hawaii
    May I suggest that you use the one closest to you or at least with weather similar to yours if possible? Most NPIP certified hatcheries are reputable, but the stress of shipping can harm chicks from even the best nursery. So do what you can to minimize that stress.

6. mjane

mjane Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    I have used meyer hatchery but my favorite is welp. The birds seems better quality, customer service is awesome.
    www.welphatchery.com

7. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    In the past few months, I've gotten 25 peeps each from Ideal Poultry, Welp Hatchery and Xtreme Gamebirds. Smooth sailing with each of them. One peep from each lot died, but peeps are delicate and stuff happens.

8. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i ordered from cackle yesterday 30 pullets and 1 cockeral comeing april 1st. my first time ordering from any hatchery.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  9. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by