What have I done!? Meyer's just called - END OF STORY ON PAGE 11

I just looked at the time you said you heard from Meyers. It'd be a miracle if you had gotten them today!! I don't think even the overnight shipping means overnight by that time of the day... You can bet that their local PO handles HUNDREDS, or thousands of those crates of noisy peepers!! Meyers knows what they're doing and so does their local PO. Imagine how loud that loading dock must be?? *cheep
jumpy.gif
cheep
jumpy.gif
cheep
jumpy.gif
cheep
jumpy.gif
cheep
jumpy.gif
cheep*

do you have a feed store in the area? maybe it would be easier to just go there to get some..i just bought another box of cuteness last night!!

love.gif
jumpy.gif

It is hard with toddlers around and hubby taking off work, stressful and making you more upset. (I know, sounds like my house) but lets keep calm and like Portagegirl said I bet they come tomorrow. I don't like taking the kids on long rides either, but they may have to this one time and pray they are good for Mommy and the new babies.

Quote:
Yes, I have lots of feed stores! But they only have 'straight run' and I don't know how to sex them.

Sounds like there might still be hope for these. I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

They'll be fine. I remember Jen (aka Buzzardchick here) telling us she ships baby chicks with a little piece of apple for them to eat if they need to, but ususally they don't eat.

The most they will do is run around some, and then crash (sleep) like they never slept. You'll think their comatose (they are, LOL). Then 5 minutes later they doing it all over again...

Quote:

I had babies in shipping for almost 4 days once.
th.gif
I was a nervous wreck and they arrived alive....one died the next day however. I am sure your babies are going to be fine!!!

Seriously, if it is going to cause you THIS much stress, the trip to Ideal to pick them up, with kids in tow, couldn't be half as bad. Heck, my family drove from Arkansas to Alaska with a 3 y/o, a 1 y/o, and my pregnant belly. A couple of hours couldn't be THAT bad!!!
smile.png

Chin up......the babies are FINE!!!!

Quote:
Ha that was actually exactly the point of my post! LOL. These chickens better live to be 20 years old because I am not doing the mail order thing again. Too much worries being responsible for a live shipment.

I've stopped freaking out though. I am doing what I can to retrieve them. Everything else is out of my control now. They will either be there tomorrow - or they won't. And I will do my best to pamper them and keep them alive and that's all I can do right now.

I'll let you know what happens
smile.png

Thanks for all the support! Much appreciated.

That is a good attitude. It is out of your hands and all you can do is your best. (Which you are doing)

Back
Top Bottom