What have you been reading?

Pics
Finished:

A History of Alabama’s Deadliest Tornados: Disaster in Dixie by Kelly Kazek

Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

Mere Christianity By C.S. Lewis

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Haunted North Alabama by Jessica Penot

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Tales by Scott F. Fitzgerald

Started:

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys

The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

This weeks book haul. Really excited about the hardcover Percy Jackson books. Was only charged $3.50 for all 8 books!
719187E6-F6C5-455E-AE8C-4DBA71CB10B4.jpeg

So, you're not only an avid reader, you're a great bargain hunter, too!

Last week, I read "Navigating Grief Through Humor" and have started "The Cow in the Parking Lot; A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger." So far, my favorite quote from the second book is -- "A fair summary of this book is: You are hitting yourself with a hammer. If you stop, you will feel better."

Kind of makes it sound like I have some issues to deal with here in the new year, doesn't it? I do have some good non-issues books planned for the next couple of weeks.

Although I enjoy Dickens, I have to admit I've never read "Oliver Twist." I do re-read "A Christmas Carol" every few years, and I still enjoy "A Tale of Two Cities."

Happy reading -- and shopping!

Just finished Of Mice and Men Spoiler for Of Mice and Men below as well as The Pearl by the same author. I just finished of Mice and Men and it was very depressing not only what happened to Lennie but thinking about what will end up happening to all the others. George, Candy and Crooks now that the dream of the farm died with Lennie.

When I read The Pearl by Steinbeck the ending was an unpleasant surprise but I saw it coming in this book. When Carlson shot Candy’s old dog I started clueing in on what was coming. I spent the last 1/3 of the novel in mounting dread of what was coming.

It feels like all of Steinbeck’s novels end with someone getting their head shot off. I think this will be the last of Steinbeck’s works that I’ll be reading if they are all this depressing.

Finished:

A History of Alabama’s Deadliest Tornados: Disaster in Dixie by Kelly Kazek

Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

Mere Christianity By C.S. Lewis

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Haunted North Alabama by Jessica Penot

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Tales by Scott F. Fitzgerald

Started:

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys

The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel

This weeks book haul. Really excited about the hardcover Percy Jackson books. Was only charged $3.50 for all 8 books!View attachment 2961923
I am going to start Before We Were Yours soon. I read Lisa Wingate's other book. Was it good? Or have you not finished it yet? Great thread by the way!

I am going to start Before We Were Yours soon. I read Lisa Wingate's other book. Was it good? Or have you not finished it yet? Great thread by the way!
I haven’t started it yet. It’s in one of my stacks on the overflowing to be read shelf at the moment. If you are interested in having someone to discuss it with just let me know I’ll move to the front of the TBR and give me a heads up when you start.

I haven’t started it yet. It’s in one of my stacks on the overflowing to be read shelf at the moment. If you are interested in having someone to discuss it with just let me know I’ll move to the front of the TBR and give me a heads up when you start.
Oh okay. Thats fine. I will just find out for myself 😏

Finished:

I ended up really enjoying this one even if it was depressing at points.

Bud Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis

Son by Lois Lowry

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Started:

Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis

Back
Top Bottom