What have you done for your chickens today?

Everyone got some tasty yogurt...and I fried two eggs that had been frozen/cracked.....shells and all!
Can't tell you how 'funny' it felt to crunch up two eggs, stir them all together and fry them up...didn't even make my family breakfast, well, OK, I did make blueberry muffins, does that count?
Anyways, they chicken family gobbled the eggs down, and the little cochins squeezed through the door (doesn't shut all the way due to ice) to sneak some more egg from the big girls, cracks me up because then they squeeze right back through to their own run/coop...so smart!
And my lonely Buckeye got a handful of cooked spaghetti--ate it immediately like a cluster of worms...ummmm.

Let's see:
Thursday: I scrambled some eggs for some of them.
Friday: Some of them got some table scraps (these seem to be getting scarish around my place).
Saturday: Today they all got some day old bread.

Tomorrow: They will all get some Wild Bird Seed.

When it dries up a little gotta get the poop cleaned outta their pens for them.

They had polish off all the brocolli I had given them yesterday, so today we were down to peanut butter wheat bread
and wild bird seed.

I took a spur to the top of my hand today trying to keep my big BO roo from falling off the rail of the steps. He still fell but I got him turned so he could land safely on the ground.

I moved my broody silkie hen, NEE NEE, inside the house, complete with her "dishtub" nest and two eggs for a blowdry and pampering because she got wet in the rain. The roof to her temporary broody box is not as waterproof as I thought and two days of heavy rain took their toll. She is still sitting in my living room on her nest watching my husband play ps3...and growling on occasion at the cat.

Well I actually did this yesterday but I did a full "spring cleaning" of their coop. I have been waiting for the weather to get better to do it and yesterday was the day!
wee.gif

Gee Lawnman 127 , you sound like you had a fun time. LOL

I gave my girls BOSS and corn since all the ones (9) in the front pen laid eggs two days in a row. Still have to watch the other girls in the back pen and see which one of them is not laying. Whoever isn't going to lay eggs can just go into the freezer and contribute to our dinner.

Well M T, I was trying to sound upbeat. It's a dirty job but somebody gotta
do it. And it keeps them alive and well.
Dennis

Back
Top Bottom