What Have You Learned About Poultry Since Joining BYC?

Pretty much everything I know about poultry is thanks to the members of BYC. This site has become a vital part of my daily life. The members are so kind with sharing their time and knowledge. Not a day goes by where I am not in awe of the incredible members here. There are no words to express how grateful I am for the members of BYC. I hope to be able to help someone like I have been helped countless times here.

Sorry I know this probably isn't what you're looking for.

I learned that there are literally centuries worth of knowledge here and that no matter what may come down upon my girls, someone here will have an answer to help me keep them alive, healthy and happy.

I have also learned that I am not the only one who has allowed a chicken to wrap them around it's wing feather and has me right where she wants me to be :)

Aaron

I've learned a lot about ducks since joining. I like to watch threads that I cannot answer and read replies so I can understand for myself and so that I can help people who have the same question.
I've learned almost everything there is know to about ducks. How to identify illness, how to treat them, identifying breeds from all ages, sexing ducks, feeding, duck coop design, ducks with other animals, how to bond with ducks, setting up a duck brooder, and lots of duck tips!
I learn more everyday here.
And I've been starting to get into quail and chickens. I new almost nothing about them before.
But now I can identify chicken breeds, best breeds for your needs, I know about coop design, feeding, raising chicks, and chicken math!
All thanks to the amazing members of BYC

I have definitely learned that some folks can/do get overwhelmed by "tags" and so I have tried -several times in vain- to attempt to triage before "calling in the Cavalry" with a "tag."

And by triage I'm trying to help them with questions to help focus in on the root cause; or possibly suggest things like how to take a better angled picture, or remove a shadow...

I have tag-teamed with other novices to help a few while waiting for a user with much more knowledge to show up in the coming days. Most of those times I was actually sharing wisdom via links to other threads I was either pointed to or found via search.

That's about it at this point.... I'm tapped out for now.

Pretty much everything I know about poultry is thanks to the members of BYC. This site has become a vital part of my daily life. The members are so kind with sharing their time and knowledge. Not a day goes by where I am not in awe of the incredible members here. There are no words to express how grateful I am for the members of BYC. I hope to be able to help someone like I have been helped countless times here.

Sorry I know this probably isn't what you're looking for.
We are looking for anything anyone wishes to share! This is a special community and some people have learned a lot of technical information, some have learned the kindness of fellow poultry lovers, and some have learned both. It all counts!!
1615072108714.gif

Some people love poultry, and if you are from west Virginia you LOVE poultry :p
All goofiness aside, I think that after having chickens for a while pretty much all of us have learned that they are more than just egg makers. They are pets, and depending on your disposition towards animals, parts of the family, your friends, so on and so forth. Many I bet came into this thinking. ooh, Ill get some eggs, and that is about all they really thought about at the moment of getting their chickens, but soon found out the fun and entertainment they can bring, and that they can be so much more than just egg makers. Coming to this forum lets people learn that No there isn't something wrong with you for liking your chickens the way you do, they ARE contagious and DO grow on you after a while :) .

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom