What Have You Learned About Poultry Since Joining BYC?

I think the most interesting thing I have learned about chickens is how much they LOVE to die and at times seem heck bound and bent to do just that no matter how much medicine and care you pour into them.

I've also learned that given enough time and patience, even the most horrid of wounds can be healed up on them.

With the lack of qualified avian vets out there along with the lack of care for fowl that is affordable for most poultry owners, perhaps the most amazing thing I've learned is the ingenuity and dedication of flock keepers all over the world when it comes to treating their birds themselves.

Truly amazing, IMHO.
Really i totally agree. They're strange animals and bring light and happiness in you life, they make you laugh, but sometimes it seems they're quite trying with all of themselves in getting you mad! :oops::hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
If it gets too complicated , I use google translate to make the best of it. 🙈
Yes, me too! :highfive::highfive:
I use Reverso Context for sentences that i don't know how to write!😏

View attachment 2560237

As an avid reader and learner, BYC has been my go to place for information for many many years on all things poultry! 🐓 🦃 🦚 🦆 🐔 🐤 🐣 🥚

What to do, what not to do, how to handle this situation, or that one. What have other people tried that I could also try, who can I ask for help when I am all out of ideas, and best of all....those who can understand exactly that Christmas morning feeling of excitement when finding new eggs in the nest boxes!

BYC is a wonderful community for learning, sharing, and hanging around other poultry people who just get you. View attachment 2555342

So, what have you learned about poultry? It can be anything, we want to know!
Everything I needed to raise healthy, happy girls. Being a new chicken mom is daunting, and this site has relieved/ shed light on many a concern. A great wealth of information and experiences from around the world.

That I really need a notebook. It really seems like there is more to know than I can store in my head.

Isn't that the truth!?

I have learned so much from everyone's posts and everyone has been so patient with me! Especially @3KillerBs and @rosemarythyme. My friends and family all think I've become a crazy chicken lady - they're not wrong. I love my chickens and laugh at them daily. Sometimes this is the only place I can discuss chickens with anyone else without getting laughed at like a crazy person.

This site is the first site I come to when looking for information. I'm not kidding when I say I've searched almost everything about chickens -- stopping short of why do chickens have feathers? I saw this forum when looking for more information about oyster shells.

Probably the most important thing I learned from this site is the requirements for a coop and run -- the amount of ventilation and space. Making sure the run is tall enough for me to walk inside of.

Back
Top Bottom