What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
I thought this would be an interesting thread for everybody could share what they have repurposed While building a coop and run or just anything for their chickens. Great way to gather and share ideas for less waste in the world, way to save money and a way to get the imagination flowing. I am huge on re-purposing anything. I’ll see something just sitting on the side of the road or at a job site in my imagination goes wild. I’m bringing home stuff all the time. I’ve been called a scavenger once or twice:oops:.
So share what you have reused or re-purposed. Added pictures are great but if you’re anything like me you have a hard time loading them

I used a futon as a hay manger for goats, made another into a trellis. My latest find was a free door. I used the knob for a door i bought for my turkey coop , and cut the door in half to make a small pen that can later be used for a nest box.
20180714_172803.jpg

I used a futon as a hay manger for goats, made another into a trellis. My latest find was a free door. I used the knob for a door i bought for my turkey coop , and cut the door in half to make a small pen that can later be used for a nest box. View attachment 1472817
Please tell me more abou this futon hay manager. The goats drive me batty with their hay mess

I’ve changed a staff quarters room in an out-building into a brooder / chicken feed store (without consulting my wife :oops:) :confused:
What are Staff quarters room in an out building? Is it a fancy way of saying out house? All the little odds and ends I bring home I don’t usually consult with my husband first because it will be a big no what do we need that junk for. It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes. LOL but when it comes in handy I don’t rub it in his face too bad. Ha ha

We used cat litter buckets for nesting boxes, I love them. They're so easy to clean, I can just hose them out. I had to do that with the one after my husband took this picture...:lol:
I’ve heard of those. I was actually the other day looking at a cat litter bucket trying to see how I could convert it into a rollaway nest box

Back
Top Bottom