What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
I thought this would be an interesting thread for everybody could share what they have repurposed While building a coop and run or just anything for their chickens. Great way to gather and share ideas for less waste in the world, way to save money and a way to get the imagination flowing. I am huge on re-purposing anything. I’ll see something just sitting on the side of the road or at a job site in my imagination goes wild. I’m bringing home stuff all the time. I’ve been called a scavenger once or twice:oops:.
So share what you have reused or re-purposed. Added pictures are great but if you’re anything like me you have a hard time loading them

ABF9C692-D750-4053-8066-920934C99147.jpeg
I used reclaimed cedar fence boards and an old farm window for my coop.

I used mostly recycled everything for my coop but the thing that I think most useful to pass on?

Rain gutter guards.
They are great for ventilation because they are strong and don't rust. About 6" wide and however long you cut them; I think they come in 6 foot lengths.

Attachments

• raingutter1.jpeg
    raingutter1.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 75
  • raingutter2.jpeg
    raingutter2.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 71
The exterior walls are slab leftovers from a local sawmill.
The dimensional lumber was leftover from my garage.
Windows were from a nearby remodel.
Also have a full light steel entry door that I have to hang. That's going to be a tough job to get it plumb.

PS I've done all of this with no help from any other person.

Attachments

• coopwall 1.jpg
    coopwall 1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 49
  • coopwall 2.jpg
    coopwall 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 52
  • coopwall 3.jpg
    coopwall 3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 49
  • July 121.jpg
    July 121.jpg