What have you repurposed while building ?

Pics
VERY Chic! Once you figure out how to increase the ventilation and any other tweaks you make, please document the whole thing and add it to the Coops pages... the ones everyone has been rating and reviewing, lately.
I'm a big fan of conversion coops. We redid my kids' wooden playhouse and sandboxes for our chickens. Now it's Mom's playhouse! As soon as we get it whitewashed, finish the brooder and nest boxes and clean up the mess we made, we're planning to put ours up, too. In the meantime, checking out all the other neat conversions have given me way too many ideas. I guess I'll do them in all that spare time we always have ...!
It's well ventilated, I just need to figure out how to close it up if needed in the winter.
I look forward to seeing yours too!

Love this site thanks for all the great ideas.

Here’s my latest recycled project. The trusses were built wrong for their intended purpose and they were being thrown away. It’s still a work in progress obviously and I will admit daunting at times. It has definitely changed course several times as to the best use and keeping it from looking like the monster it is. Almost took it down due to size of project.
Cyclone fencing had outlived its usefulness at the yard and was also being thrown away.
The very dirt it’s sitting on was given to me free and they hauled it for me. I did have to level it.

AF5BCD97-5178-44B1-B397-DBAA651A84E2.jpeg

Sometimes “free stuff” in the shop might be better left in the shop.

We have a fencing company nearby that takes their old wooden fence they removed and set it out by the road. And their rules are if it’s sitting by the road it’s free to take. You don’t even have to ask you just come by and pick it up. Unfortunately recently the pieces of been so big they can’t fit in my truck

Get a battery powered recipocating saw with a demo blade. You can make them fit without much trouble.

I have had my eyes on the reciprocating saw. Been wanting one. So going battery powered by not being bad idea. By the way I love your avatar nice looking dog. Very cute

I have had my eyes on the reciprocating saw. Been wanting one. So going battery powered by not being bad idea. By the way I love your avatar nice looking dog. Very cute
She is one of 5 rescue mutts but she by far is the smartest. Thanks.

I bought a mixed pack of porter cable 20v battery power tools so i would have to drag around an extention cord. I bought my son and grandson some for their new homes. These were the best priced for diy people.

Reading this thread i see i gonna have to watch when any of you scroungers are in my area. Gotta protect my "treasure piles" behind the shop and lock the scrap lumber in the shop. Dont forget the grates off the grill make good predator blocks for windows. There are some genius scroungers in this thread!!!!

I bought a mixed pack of porter cable 20v battery power tools so i would have to drag around an extention cord. I bought my son and grandson some for their new homes. These were the best priced for diy people.

Reading this thread i see i gonna have to watch when any of you scroungers are in my area. Gotta protect my "treasure piles" behind the shop and lock the scrap lumber in the shop. Dont forget the grates off the grill make good predator blocks for windows. There are some genius scroungers in this thread!!!!

Now we know where your stuff is BWAHAHAHAHA

:goodpost: We’ve seen your location on your profile. Too bad you’re all the way in Texas sounds like a good scavenging spot. LOL. I’ve been eyeing my old grill great but decided to use one of the sides of my half broke kennel for the window. Still got the grill grate stored I’m sure it’ll come in handy for something.
You’re right there are some master scavengers in this thread. I love it!

Rescue animals are the best. They almost seem to give extra love almost like they appreciate what they have now. Plus Y by a dog when there’s so many wonderful dogs at the shelter just waiting for a good home. Mine were either rescue pets or pets that were going to end up in a shelter very soon that did not deserve to be there . In my opinion none of them deserve to be there really

Love this site thanks for all the great ideas.

Here’s my latest recycled project. The trusses were built wrong for their intended purpose and they were being thrown away. It’s still a work in progress obviously and I will admit daunting at times. It has definitely changed course several times as to the best use and keeping it from looking like the monster it is. Almost took it down due to size of project.
Cyclone fencing had outlived its usefulness at the yard and was also being thrown away.
The very dirt it’s sitting on was given to me free and they hauled it for me. I did have to level it.

View attachment 1473880
Sometimes “free stuff” in the shop might be better left in the shop.
I think it’s looking pretty awesome so far. I think you’ll be amazed when you complete at what you have accomplished

I lov e recycling/repurposing, make stuff from junk/rubbish. Haha
This is chick inn, for young chicks, its my childhood tree house recycled! And odds and ends as a run, Gates, security screen then recycled bird netting on top.
View attachment 1473782
One of my main coops cluckingham palace. Is made from a big shipping box and pellets!
View attachment 1473783
There is so much waste in today’s world it’s refreshing to see how many people are reusing Perfectly good material that would’ve otherwise ended up sitting in a landfill. And I love the names

Back
Top Bottom