What homesteading magazines do you get?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarredBuff, Jun 2, 2010.

1. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    We get Grit and Mother Earth News. What homesteading magazines do you get?

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Mother Earth News, CountrySide and Mary Janes Farm. We also get Backyard Poultry (no homesteading, but definitely a related component).

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Same here. Once in awhile I pick up a copy of Backwoods or Backyard Poultry. Also buy HobbyFarm on occasion. My mother gets Mary Jane Farm but that magazine comes across as a bit self-righteous to me, like you're going to die if you don't use their recipes.

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Love HobbyFarmHome! [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I love Hobby Farms and Mother Earth News! They are both excellent publications. [​IMG]

6. way2gomom

way2gomom Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2010
    Mother Earth News, but I pick up Hobby Farms often. My subscription to Organic Gardening just ran out, not sure if I will renew. I had seen an Urban Farmer magazine once, and I'd like to check out another issue to see if I want it before I subscribe - just haven't been able to find it! Possibly I'm remembering an incorrect name, though.

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I've tried grit, mother earth news, and mary jane's farm but those three are too liberal for my homestead. I have a 5 year sub to Backwoods Home (Jackie Clay is my idol!) and also subscribe to Countryside. But Backwoods Home is my favorite hands down! http://www.backwoodshome.com/

8. Q9

Q9 General Headache

I don't get any magazines, but I love to visit Backwoods Home's website. Excellent material, especially on guns. [​IMG]

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Hobby Farms.

I have a couple of mother earth, a grit and a hobby farm mag if anyone would like them. :) Not sure how current the first three are, but the hobby farm is just a few months old.

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I love MEN! (Get it? Mother Earth News? [​IMG]) Seriously though, I'm glad you asked because I've been trying to find some other good ones, so I'm looking forward to checking some of these other ones out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by