What if they hatch when I am at work??

60ACRES

Stepped in what??
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Long, OK
I have the Little Giant with the auto-turner.

I figure i will remove the auto-turner prior to hatching put in a small bowl of water and some food? I don't know what else to do.

If I leave the house @ 6:30 am, don't return until 5:30 pm, the chicks could be baking in there for hours.

*I get my first eggs (FBCM) Thursday* Woooohooo!

...I live 30 minutes from my work.

Last edited:
hehe...i've already worried about this. My office is a mere 2 miles from my home. My eggs are due on Sunday. If those babies aren't here by Sunday, I'm wrapping my bator in a towel and bringing it to work with me!!!! But I have a cool boss and an office with a door....

Also, just so you know. They will be fine in the incubator without food or water. They'll be busy absorbing their yolk and can live alone on this for around 48 hours. I just personally don't want to miss a pip.

Last edited:
Do not put food and water in the incubator. They will just make a mess of the incubator. They do not have to be taken out of the incubator for at least 24 hours.

I don't take mine out of the incubator until they can walk pretty well. I work 5 days a week, working has not hindered my hatching at all
lau.gif

everytime I have some hatch, it seems they start pippin at 9pm or so and I stay awake faithfully with a camera. I finally fall asleep sitting up and wake up in the morning with my wife saying "hey stupid" and nudging me. Oh yeah, and while I was sleeping, they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom