What in the heck is it!? *many pics*

AnaD

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
N. Ca
Here I am again, I'm sure it has been a week since my last post on this bird...I have really wanted this chicken to be a female, but now I'm seriously haveing doubts, some of which you all have put there
tongue.png
. "She" has been hopping on the backs on my other (I'm almost certain their female) pullets just recently. "She" is between 12-14 weeks. As far as "her" behaviour "she" is very approachable, but a bit out of the loop when it comes to the other three chickens that are a little bit younger. The lady I got "her" from doesn't know what breed "she" is...obviously a mutt of some kind. Can you help me figure "her" out?!

78206_feb_27_043.jpg

78206_feb_27_018.jpg

Sorry to make you turn your head...
78206_feb_27_044.jpg

78206_feb_15_009.jpg

While you're at it tell me if my 6 week old Buff EE looks female. I think she does due to the fact she looks and acts nothing like the male EE I've had.
78206_feb_27_002.jpg

My RIR looks pretty pullet like to me also.
78206_feb_27_041.jpg

78206_feb_27_005.jpg

Quote:
Bumping and hijacking are frowned upon, it may be easier and get a better response if you start your own thread.
smile.png

AnaD, the first one is screaming rooster to me. The others might well be pullets. Hard for me to say.

For the OP, the 1st pic is of a Black Bellied Auburn Neck Rooster masquerading as a hen just to play mind games with you. Your EE is an EE.
lau.gif

For the 2nd poster, you have a Dalmation Jailhouse Rocking Barred Something.
gig.gif
gig.gif

AnaD-- I think your dark bird is a roo, I think he'll turn into a birchen color, not sure how "quality" the color will be.

I think your ee is a pullet. I love buff ees, I just have a soft spot for them!

Your first one almost looks like my australorp except for the lighter color around the neck. Her comb and waddle are the same size and color - it took awhile for me to finally determine she was a "she"... you might want to wait a couple weeks before you know for sure on that one.

I think your buff is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom