What in the world are these big girls doing in our bathroom!

GardenGal

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Western WA
First sunny day since we got our chicks, so after work I let them be outside for a bit. Yikes, they look like small chickens now! And they're still living in our bathroom! Well, I know what we're doing this weekend - finishing their coop!

They didn't know what to think at first.

Then they got the hang of it!

They're ready to take on the yard now :)

They do grow fast
ep.gif

No kidding! Last year our bathroom chicks started CLUCKING before they moved out to their coop! Hopefully it won't come to that this year!

Oh thats bad but I have some <week olds in one of our bathrooms too.
hide.gif
Hope you have good weather for your busy weekend
wink.png
We start setting post for our new run tomorrow
fl.gif
Cement needs rain - right? lol

Yea I feel for ya - my arms are all scratched up from hardware cloth
hit.gif
but, I think we are on the home stretch now ? I hope by the begining of June all displaced chicks will be in our new coop.
fl.gif

I had to laugh! All of you spoke for me!

1. Due to a lot of factors, the coop was not done when the chickens were ready to go out.
2. The chickies outgrew their brooder LONG before we could put them out, so they lived in our bathtub for a couple weeks. Thank Heaven for 2 bathrooms...
3. Hardware cloth is EVIL. Took all the skin off a knuckle AND stabbed a loose wire end into my thumbnail...hole-punch style. OWWW!

The coop is done now, and The Girls are settled, so what am I doing? I'm buying 3 more today. Makes sense, huh? Get the bathtub ready!

--Nikki

I had to laugh! All of you spoke for me!

1. Due to a lot of factors, the coop was not done when the chickens were ready to go out.
2. The chickies outgrew their brooder LONG before we could put them out, so they lived in our bathtub for a couple weeks. Thank Heaven for 2 bathrooms...
3. Hardware cloth is EVIL. Took all the skin off a knuckle AND stabbed a loose wire end into my thumbnail...hole-punch style. OWWW!

The coop is done now, and The Girls are settled, so what am I doing? I'm buying 3 more today. Makes sense, huh? Get the bathtub ready!

--Nikki

Chicken Math Strikes Again!
lau.gif

Last time I put up hardware cloth I was cutting it and wondered what all those red beads were on the pavers. It was my blood of course! And tomorrow we're reworking the run again! I can't find an appropriate smiley for that. But they're worth it :)

Back
Top Bottom