What in the world is this girl??

My question isn't how you even know of this breeds existence (because youve amazed me more than once with your knowledge of rare breeds) , my question is how do you even remember how to spell that name :lau . But that's a very rare specimen, I'm a gamefowl lover and even I didn't know of its existence!
I actually raised a pair! Sadly they were eaten by predators due to them only wanting to roost in trees. (Complicated situation and wasn't just negligence as efforts were made to try and stop this behavior.) Here was my pair! My pullet Fleur made it to maturity and laid the signature green eggs of the breed and was the sweetest thing :)
1B84202B-7434-4CAC-928A-BB25FE221EEF.jpeg

B9474ACD-C81A-4F8C-906C-F27EC56BD0E2.jpeg

Oh my gosh!! The breeder I ordered from carries these on their website!!

For sure a cockerel?? Darn!
Definitely a cockerel :( They're pretty slow to mature and difficult to sex. My pair only had a minutely different color in their pea combs until maturity. He has pointed saddle feathers which tell gender without a doubt :)

Definitely a cockerel :( They're pretty slow to mature and difficult to sex. My pair only had a minutely different color in their pea combs until maturity. He has pointed saddle feathers which tell gender without a doubt :)
Of course, it’s always the roosters that steal my heart!! Thank you so much! Maybe I’ll make him the house roo 😂

I actually raised a pair! Sadly they were eaten by predators due to them only wanting to roost in trees. (Complicated situation and wasn't just negligence as efforts were made to try and stop this behavior.) Here was my pair! My pullet Fleur made it to maturity and laid the signature green eggs of the breed and was the sweetest thing :)
View attachment 3481074

View attachment 3481075
Woah! What an absolute beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom