What in the world OR how did I get so lucky!?

Special order from Atwoods. Needless to say we were very disappointed.
Looks like it could be a Welsummer.

Ask atwoods manager about any policy.. You clearly didn't get what you paid for, not breed or gender. That's expected at TSC in their bins where mix ups happen all the time.. but not acceptable regarding a special order..

I wonder if atwoods had other chicks on order at the same time as yours and THEY were the ones who did the mistake? I know TSC employees/managers are MOSTLY clueless.. and can't tell the difference between a light colored Easter egger with beard and light Brahma with feathered legs. All they see is color. :he

Speaking of which.. what color were these boys as chicks? Got pics? Welsummer are chipmunk striped brown and Australorp are black with white underbellies.

I'm disappointed for you. :hugs

ETA: while the French standard for Marans calls for feathered legs.. I don't believe the American standard does, noting all the clean legged cuckoo Marans seen daily.. I thought I saw some yellow on the legs is why I went with Welsummer (seems like it would be yellower). Checking the bottom of the feet can tell you skin color.

Last edited:
Looks like it could be a Welsummer.

Ask atwoods manager about any policy.. You clearly didn't get what you paid for, not breed or gender. That's expected at TSC in their bins where mix ups happen all the time.. but not acceptable regarding a special order..

I wonder if atwoods had other chicks on order at the same time as yours and THEY were the ones who did the mistake? I know TSC employees/managers are MOSTLY clueless.. and can't tell the difference between a light colored Easter egger with beard and light Brahma with feathered legs. All they see is color. :he

Speaking of which.. what color were these boys as chicks? Got pics? Welsummer are chipmunk striped brown and Australorp are black with white underbellies.

I'm disappointed for you. :hugs

ETA: while the French standard for Marans calls for feathered legs.. I don't believe the American standard does, noting all the clean legged cuckoo Marans seen daily.. I thought I saw some yellow on the legs is why I went with Welsummer. Checking the bottom of the feet can tell you skin color.
Here they are as chicks. They looked exactly as australorps should as babes.

Attachments

• 4653C3B4-E132-4B52-868C-F0822C4EB634.jpeg
    4653C3B4-E132-4B52-868C-F0822C4EB634.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 353C4587-E5F5-45C5-A249-27A4A5B84E2B.jpeg
    353C4587-E5F5-45C5-A249-27A4A5B84E2B.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom