What in your opinion is the best broddy hen?

so thats

Buff Orpington 1 vote

Silkies 3 votes

OEG hens 2 vote

Mille Fleur D'Uccle's 1 vote

Cochins 1 vote

dutch banties 1 vote

EE's 1 vote

cochins are so big they could hatch a lot of eggs right.

and of you have a pic of the dutch banties

Last edited:
The dutch bantie hatched out 8 eggs and out of those 8, 3 were gigantic blue EE eggs. I was baffled on how she covered them all.

The dutch hen is on the left she is next to her best buddy a buff black tail japanese hen.
10663_img_0046.jpg

The standard or giant cochins can probably sit on quite a few eggs im guessing, Im partial to banties myself, You can have more that way lol

Last edited:
Red my rir roo who is standard. and i think has a little ostrich in him.

Last edited:
Buff Orpington 1 vote

Silkies 4 votes

OEG hens 2 vote

Mille Fleur D'Uccle's 1 vote

Cochins 1 vote

dutch banties 1 vote

EE's 1 vote

I just have the orangish colored hen, she has kind of a black lacing on her back and tail not much but a bit. She had 5 babies but none are purebred they are mixed with cochin. Made them a bit bigger and more tolerable of winter weather, Ginger is not winter hardy she stays in the garage with her buddy where it is a steady 60 degrees.Not that she needs it at that but above freezing at least. If i had to compare her to another breed size wise i'd say shes the same size as a class b serama or an OEGB

Last edited:
Quote:
You omitted OEGB somewhere along the way!
roll.png

My vote is for OEGB and OEG, and the OEG will most likely NOT let you get near the babies! My dad has one that had bitties this summer, and when I bent over to pick up the waterer, she was seriously thinking about getting me! Thought I was after her baby I guess!
One bad thing with our standard cochin hen was that she broke a lot of the eggs getting on and off the nest.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom