WHAT IS A VETERAN

Well Dave - this may apply to volunteer service personel, or to the guys who were drafted prior to the switch to an all volunteer force, but the meaning of the word "veteran" is much more complex for career military.

My father was career USMC and I grew up in the military - trust me, it's NOT this simple.

~Phyllis

Thank You for sharing this. I have just printed it out for my DH to read when he gets in from work.

It's sad how fast people forget who has fought for their freedom but let their freedom be in danger and they soon remember all to fast don't they.

AMAZING!!!!
clap.gif

Thank you!!!! My father, grandfather, great grandfather, uncles, cousins, and close friends have served for us! I thank the Good Lord for their courage! And for our freedom!!!! I am choking back the tears! Too many times their selflessness goes unnoticed.
hit.gif

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

Veterans.jpg

Thank you ...... truly and deeply!! God bless.

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. I was in the Navy and my father was in the USMC for 27 years. I feel certain I can speak for him and myself that this is exactly how the vast majority of military personnel see their service - career or otherwise.

Most career military didnt start out that way. They went in the same as anyone else, usually for the same reasons. Service to country being one of them - they all endorse that same check, made payable to Uncle Sam and the citizens of this nation, should it come to that.

Suprisingly, I dont see this as a matter of semantics. Neither, it seems, do others. Service veteran is veteran, by any accounting.

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. I was in the Navy and my father was in the USMC for 27 years. I feel certain I can speak for him and myself that this is exactly how the vast majority of military personnel see their service - career or otherwise.

Most career military didnt start out that way. They went in the same as anyone else, usually for the same reasons. Service to country being one of them - they all endorse that same check, made payable to Uncle Sam and the citizens of this nation, should it come to that.

Suprisingly, I dont see this as a matter of semantics. Neither, it seems, do others. Service veteran is veteran, by any accounting.

But still - you presented this as the only valid position. Not fair. It comes off as as "If you're not with us - you're against us" And not patriotic unless you have this position.

I'm just sayin'...

~Phyllis

Back
Top Bottom