What is Bob? EE or Ameraucana?

Quote:
I've got two possible Ameraucanas here. What are the colors that are traditional for Ameraucanas and what about leg/underfoot color?

Look at the link I posted above your post. That site has the standard for the breed on it. Ameraucanas have white skin and slate legs.

Great link for the colors. Based on that I'm assuming mine is an EE too?

fe60fb51.jpg

I recently purchased an EE female (I previously thought Amer) and she isn't laying eggs right now. I am hoping that its only due to the stress of bringing her home on Sunday and Winter. I was hoping her and Bob would be a great breading pair.

Most hens that aren't realy good laying breeds (and Ameraucanas and EE's are known to be one of the great laying breeds, like leghorns and sexlinks) really slow down in winter or quit altogether. Also the stress of moving will often stop laying for a few weeks, longer if the stress causes a molt. If she's young, I'm sure she'll start laying again soon! I love my EE's! I have 3, 2 lay green eggs and one lays blue.
smile.png

I do not know how old she is. She looks to be full grown but not super old. Is there a good way to guess their ages? I know funny question lol

Well, the only thing I know to look for is feather condition. Older hens just look a little rougher, their feathers just aren't as soft and perfect looking as pullets's are the older they get. They will have rougher looking edges and more sticking out here and there, not as perfectly pretty as a pullet, if that makes any sense. THey also just look older in the face, not sure how to describe that! LOL

Back
Top Bottom