What is cecal poop?

Occasional foamy and/or juicy cecal is not cause for alarm, IMO.
If constant, then that may be another story.
Thanks for the reassurance. We are still very new to this and it's hard to know what is normal vs problematic!

I have the chicken health handbook and although it's helpful for a lot of things I think it's making me overly paranoid. The only thing it said about foamy poop seemed to be associated with nodular tapeworms. But I saw poops like that even when they were still inside in the brooder.

I always thought it was diarrhea. Oh well, what do I know. This year however, I'm changing my approach. I'm finally starting to learn as much as I can. And this website and all you folks are a wonderful help. About the cecal poop: Unfortunately that is the poop that is loved and cherished by my dogs. I'm not always feeling enamored with them when I get a nice big dog kiss on my cheek and I stink up a storm.lol

I always thought it was diarrhea. Oh well, what do I know. This year however, I'm changing my approach. I'm finally starting to learn as much as I can. And this website and all you folks are a wonderful help. About the cecal poop: Unfortunately that is the poop that is loved and cherished by my dogs. I'm not always feeling enamored with them when I get a nice big dog kiss on my cheek and I stink up a storm.lol

We recently got a puppy (following a fox attack when our chickens were free ranging) and when i saw how much he liked eating chicken poop that helped to convince me that my decision to keep the chickens in the pen was a better plan.

Back
Top Bottom