What is going on with my chickens?!?! Help! *pictures, graphic!*

Farmerboy16

Rebuilding my Farm
9 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Sparta, MI
I first noticed on my Buff Orpington roo, and I thought that it was from fighting my other Buff Orpington roo, but I notice that 3 of my hens have them too, but the thing is they are different breeds, kept in different coops, and the flock mates looks fine. The hens are- Rhode Island red, Buttercup, Cuckoo Maran. The roo is 2 years old, and the hens are 1 year old. I have gotten some pus out, but the one that wont come out looks different then infection, and very hard. What should I do for them? Thanks for any info!

74819_chickens_020.jpg

74819_chickens_021.jpg

74819_chickens_022.jpg

74819_chickens_023.jpg

74819_chickens_025.jpg

74819_chickens_024.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like what my Turken had and I was recommended to give it Tylan 50 three days, it is completely gone now. One person told me it was called cheese eye and to isolate her from all the other chickens.

Quote:
I called the feed mill, and they have some, but they have injectable kind, and powder kind, so which one should I get?

Quote:
I called the feed mill, and they have some, but they have injectable kind, and powder kind, so which one should I get?

the injectable kind would work faster but if you don't feel comfortable doing that get the powder and put it into their water. just make sure it's the only water they get so they are actually getting the meds. All the best and let us know how they are doing.

Quote:

the injectable kind would work faster but if you don't feel comfortable doing that get the powder and put it into their water. just make sure it's the only water they get so they are actually getting the meds. All the best and let us know how they are doing.

Do I have to treat the ones that are not having this issue, and can I still eat the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom