What is going on?

All the Chickens

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2018
So this morning I got up to go feed and water my chickens(5 weeks), and one was dead. It was missing most of its feathers and all of its insides. No other chicks were dead. However, when I got home, another chick was dead, same way. There were no holes in the fence or anything. The pen is a smallish rectangle that is up off the ground. Can someone tell me what this is? Thanks

If you have a game camera, put it up. Most likely it will be back and you will know what you're dealing with.

When a possum got my chicken she was gutted from the rear and feather loss I’m sure from the struggle. I suggest several inspections of coop and buttoning up even the smallest of holes. And game camera will tell you what’s around trying to get in

Good luck! Your situation prompted me to do the same. I gave my little coop a good looking over and found two possible areas of entry (super tiny, but still...). I shoved hardware cloth down into the areas and used hog rings to sew up the existing hardware cloth a little tighter over the "plugs."

I really hope everything works out for you and your flock. I think this is probably every BYCer's fear.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom