image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 1
Was pipped this morning when I got up - Michele wasn’t completely missing like that all day long but has been for quite some time

On the one that isn't moving, wet the membrane so you can see through it with some warm water. Just use a q-tip and gently rub the water on.
I'd also try to keep your humidity at 75%. Those membranes are looking dry.
How do I do that if 10 others have pipped?

On the one that isn't moving, wet the membrane so you can see through it with some warm water. Just use a q-tip and gently rub the water on.
I'd also try to keep your humidity at 75%. Those membranes are looking dry.
Also, I can sort of candle with my light through the case of the incubator- I haven’t been taking them out to candle. Days are down to “2”

OK. I opened it pull the egg out and the duck is still alive. I have enough other ones pipped that I hope that I didn’t cause for shrink wrapping and kill all my babies
I'm sure they'll be fine. Just make sure the humidity is up. If the membranes start looking dry, brush a small amount of coconut oil onto the membrane. There is usually a small slice in the membrane that is hard to see, after an external pip. This is sufficient for the duckling to get air, so you are safe to wait!
Here is the Assisted hatching article
Always great to have a read of it! Just keep in mind that ducklings can take longer than other chicks- mine took days. So if you ever have to intervene, go very slowly and cautiously.

I'm sure they'll be fine. Just make sure the humidity is up. If the membranes start looking dry, brush a small amount of coconut oil onto the membrane. There is usually a small slice in the membrane that is hard to see, after an external pip. This is sufficient for the duckling to get air, so you are safe to wait!
Here is the Assisted hatching article
Always great to have a read of it! Just keep in mind that ducklings can take longer than other chicks- mine took days. So if you ever have to intervene, go very slowly and cautiously.
I’m very nervous that I opened the incubator! I have never done that before. I have attached multiple times with ducks and chickens but it just seems like this hatch is different than any other. I was kind of wondering if my incubator was going bad or something

Back
Top Bottom