What is happening?!?!

Jrbd82

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
Central Texas
I’m really freaking out because I have 18 Saxony duck eggs in my incubator right now and I have 11 which have pipped. And they’re all looking like this… Eggshell coming off but membrane intact. I have never had this happen before and I’m afraid I’m going to lose the whole hatch. What do I do? There is no packing or prodding at the part of membrane where you can see like it normally would if they were trying to hatch

Attachments

• 1EE44078-5EC6-4F80-B4AA-C237317A894B.jpeg
    1EE44078-5EC6-4F80-B4AA-C237317A894B.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7
Did she make it out okay on her own?
Congrats on your babies! Very cute! I'd love to see photos once they're all fluffed up! :love
She did!! This is the slowest hatch I’ve ever had! Never havs the counts made it to “0” before! Lol I guess Ive been spoiled by quick pippers and zippers! Must’ve been praying for patience 🤣

OK. I opened it pull the egg out and the duck is still alive. I have enough other ones pipped that I hope that I didn’t cause for shrink wrapping and kill all my babies
That's good to know. Just keep an eye on them now and wait.
It won't cause any problems. I open my incubator a lot at lockdown, unless it's open for more than an hour straight it will not shrinkwrap your eggs.

Back
Top Bottom