What is happening?!?!

How long ago did they externally pip?
Ducks take their time! It's normal for them to take up to, or sometimes over, 24 hours from external pip to zip. I wouldn't worry yet
Early yesterday morning. Thisnis my 4th duck hatch and they’re acting so different than the previous hatches. I wondered if they BREED lif duck makes a difference? These are Saxony and all
The others I’ve done were mixed.

image.jpg
Welp. Not the one I was worried about but we have one that has arrived. The one in question looks like it’s trying to make his debut! I think it’s going to be OK!

OK. So it’s been more than 48 hours since she pipped and this is currently what it looks like. Should I go in for the assist? I was sure when I went to bed last night I would wake up to her being here.View attachment 3051700
oh I see! She pipped the wrong end, usually you would want to wait as long as possible since she has air. As there are lots of blood vessels on that end and assistance must be very careful since you dont want to cause a bleed. Sometimes they do need help, but often times they're able to comple the zip on their own.

Decided to wait a bit longer before intervening- here’s my little trouble maker. Continuing this thread for any one like me looking to see how things turn out
I would give her about an hour or so to dry off a bit, then transfer the hatchlings to the warmth of the brooder, it looks pretty cramped in there with all those fluffs and eggs!!

Did she make it out okay on her own?
Congrats on your babies! Very cute! I'd love to see photos once they're all fluffed up! :love
She did!! This is the slowest hatch I’ve ever had! Never havs the counts made it to “0” before! Lol I guess Ive been spoiled by quick pippers and zippers! Must’ve been praying for patience 🤣

Back
Top Bottom