What is happening?!?!

Jrbd82

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
Central Texas
I’m really freaking out because I have 18 Saxony duck eggs in my incubator right now and I have 11 which have pipped. And they’re all looking like this… Eggshell coming off but membrane intact. I have never had this happen before and I’m afraid I’m going to lose the whole hatch. What do I do? There is no packing or prodding at the part of membrane where you can see like it normally would if they were trying to hatch

Attachments

• 1EE44078-5EC6-4F80-B4AA-C237317A894B.jpeg
    1EE44078-5EC6-4F80-B4AA-C237317A894B.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7
I’m really freaking out because I have 18 Saxony duck eggs in my incubator right now and I have 11 which have pipped. And they’re all looking like this… Eggshell coming off but membrane intact. I have never had this happen before and I’m afraid I’m going to lose the whole hatch. What do I do?
That's not a big deal.
I'm not sure exactly what causes it actually but I've had it happen before. It might just be something with the egg quality or the humidity level. It shouldn't affect your hatch at all.
Is your temp holding steady? And what is the humidity at?

That's not a big deal.
I'm not sure exactly what causes it actually but I've had it happen before. It might just be something with the egg quality or the humidity level. It shouldn't affect your hatch at all.
Is your temp holding steady? And what is the humidity at?
The temp has held steady at 99.5 the entire time. My humidity does keep dropping a little bit but I get it right back up to 65

The temp has held steady at 99.5 the entire time. My humidity does keep dropping a little bit but I get it right back up to 65
Can you get it up to 70%? Once they're externally pipped bumping the humidity up to 70-75% is good.

I’ve just never seen it make it that much through and then no tapping or Peking
They can breathe through the membrane, so I wouldn't worry about it yet. How long has it been with no progress?

All my hatch s I’ve done at 65 butbyws I’ll get it up!
It's personal preference of course, but I like a bit of extra humidity once they externally pip. It goes back up faster if you'd have to open the incubator, and it keeps them from having any chance of drying out.

Back
Top Bottom