What is he REALLY??? Stinky old men *Pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well some poeple have heard me mention my 10 y/o drake Monty. One of my first rescues.

When I first got him and did some research I looked up "domestic bibbed mallard" and saw a picture of a call with his exact marking.

But now that my magpie crosses have grown - they look just like my monty only their masks are bigger. Ill get pictures up but -

What do you think he REALLY is?

- Swede Mix
    - Magpie mix
    - Domestic bibbed mallard
    - Other.

Monty ( with his two fav girls of course )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zorro and Bandit - My magpie crosses

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    awww come on peeps! I mean you cant tell me everyone is napping this saturday afternoon!

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Okay, I see it now... Goat_Walker is going to post furry butt pictures for all eternity, wondering what they are [​IMG]

I don't know what Monty is, but he sure is beautiful.

4. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Maybe not for eternity... LOL

And thank you. He is THE best drake I have ever had. Very protective of his girls and keeps all the other drakes in line.

5. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    OOh OOOh I know...

He's a very handsome duck!! [​IMG] Sorry, I can't help you...but he really is a good looking duck!

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Awww! I fell in love with his mask, I was going to name him "coon" but I live in a dark neighbor hood and yelling "Coon, bring in the girls" wouldnt be recieved well. SO I named him after the BelMont which is where I rescued him from .

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    awww he is a cutie [​IMG] no idea what he is but i would have named him Zorro lol... love the mask

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    LOL the Mag cross In the last two pics ( dark bill) is Bandit and the one with the Light green /yellow bill IS zorro.

9. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i think they all look very swedish looking only the one in the top picture looks like a magpie to me......im thinking about getting some magpies

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    When i first saw him ( when he was about 6 ) It was just him and a pekin female at the pond. SO im not sure where he came from originally. He any My magpie now are inseperable and thats how I got the two in the last two pictures. I believe him to be the father. i was thinking he would be more mag cross than swede because his mask is so small.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by