What is is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mochicken, Oct 9, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I got this lil guy yesterday, its a silkie rooster and its estimated to be around a year old or maybe even older. My wife brought him home yesterday with a white hen and hes a cute lil guy and has not stopped crowing and showing off since I got him in his new pen lol. I just wondered what color pattern he is? From the pics he looks kinda like a black based splash?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    very pretty....I'm no expert on silkies and I don't know if this color exists or not but maybe Birchen? or Blue, Black?

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    black with ALOT of hackle leakage...? thats my guess

4. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    He has ALOT of gray or white spots, his rump and belly look almost gray with more black spotting, he's a confusing little guy. Apparently the people my wife got them from had just had 9 chicks of his and the white hen I got, they were white, gray, black, and some that looked just like him lol.

5. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:on feathersite there is a silkie that looks a little bit like him.....is he a silver grey silkie maybe?

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Well I guess it will never matter, my wife failed to tell me that she couldn't get the coop locked last night, the male and female were both killed by a raccoon, we had them 8 hours

7. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Sorry for your loss. [​IMG] Sad.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] OMG! Im sorry

9. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:Oh no! I am so sorry...I was reading your posts yesterday about how excited you were too to be getting them as a present from your wife... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by