What is it about Orpingtons

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Minniechickmama, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    that makes everyone who has them want to take and post pictures of their big, fluffy butts?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Beats me, but I love taking pictures of my big ole fluffy butts as often as I possibly can [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I love looking at them out in the yard when their butts are facing the wind and it poofs them out even more! Now I know why people fall in love with the Orps, I [​IMG] mine! Especially Borpy Orfington that I hatched from Nava.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Because their big fluffy butts are just too cute!

5. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I love their butts, and I think they constantly like to bend over and show them off to us!

6. dreamcatcherarabians

dreamcatcherarabians Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Stillwater
    Quote:I think this is it right here! And more than pics, I love to feel those oh so soft poufy feathers, the softiest feathers EVER!

7. kristim23

kristim23 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2010
    I know I love them so much because to me, that it what a chicken IS. They remind me of the portrayal of chickens in childrens books! So, in my head , when I think of a chicken, that is what I see. Of course, I didn't know the name of them until recently! I just think of Buffs as the quintessential chicken, I guess. Can't wait to get mine, can't wait til they go broody, and can be mamas for me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by