What is it? I was told Araucana but I don't think so.

farmgirlie1031

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
IA
This one came out of a blue egg and what I was sold to be an Araucana. But it has feathered feet? I didn't think that breed had feathered feet. It's 3 days old. It's sure got attitude. LOL

1204647-1-you-looking-at-me.jpg

Here's my special one. It's Lucy's and Lucy died:( I have no clue what rooster was with her. This is from the egg she gave me the day after I got her. Lucy was black with a green sheen to her feathers and had a small top hat. I don't care if it's pure or not because it's Lucy's it's special. I got her at a chicken swap last month and she suddenly died with no signs trouble. This baby is only 1 day old and I am praying it lives. It was only out of the brooder for a moment to take a photo and change the brooder bedding.

1204668-1-one-special-chick.jpg

It looks like it came from a true araucana, it has no tail. Did you buy the eggs from a breeder? There was probably a hen sneaking out and getting bred by a cochin or a cochin sneaking in and breeding the hens. It looks like it will be a cochin type with no tail and pea comb.

Yes, they said they were a breeder but I got them off ebay and thought I had maybe been lied to. I knew they don't have feathered feet. But she did have other breeds also so maybe a rooster got in with the hen and she didn't even know it. They were suppossed to be in seperate pens. Anyways... I think it is really cute but I knew it wasn't an Araucana

It will still lay green or possibly even blue eggs and it will be pretty. Did you already leave feed back for the seller? We always wait to leave feedback on eggs until they hatch. Maybe email the seller and see if they would send some more egs, there is a chance.
Seeinf that bird reminds me of dipsy doodle doos birds, the barred rock showgirl crossed and how the hen was being sneaky.

I left feedback the day I got the eggs. I sent an email saying the chicks were hatching and never heard anything back. It's not that big of deal. As long as it is a hen I will keep it for sure. If it's a rooster I may just have to build another pen since this was my very first hatch I am kinda attached to it and it's adorable feathered feet.

Back
Top Bottom