WHAT IS IT?????????

oletymer

Songster
8 Years
May 29, 2012
Can anyone tell me what this rooster is? I went to an auction and they pulled a barred rock from the box and said 4 hen and one rooster, So I got home and opened the box and out popped this huge feathery rooster OMG! what is it?

Last edited:
I think maybe a molting barred cochin? Wow, that is a surprise! And
welcome-byc.gif
!!

Oh great, I looked that up and Yep gotta agree with your choices....Sure took me by surprize! He's so ugly he's cute LOL!

he is a cochin but looks more like he has one copy of the barring gene though his barring should be brighter and i see red on the wings which shouldn't be there, there are some other gentics invovled with this one

Could be a cochin mixed with a Brahma ? Because otherwise he looks like someone took a Puli dog and breed it with a cochin rooster. How is his temperament, otherwise you are going to have a heck of a time plucking all those feathers off if he turns out be mean, and have to send him to freezer camp.

Well temperment so far seems freindly to humans, BUT my 2 leghorns greeted him and he stood up to them both and they backed down, he needs his spurs trimmed, I would say he weights 10 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom