What is it?

jonesgg53

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 7, 2013
Can anyone tell me what breed this is, and male or female? It has 5 toes and some leg feathering. It is 9 weeks old and was recieved from a hatchery as a "surpise exotic". It is very timid and shy. Large for it's age, but picked on by everyone else.

Most of the time they are Easter Egger cockerals, you got a Salmon Favorelles cockeral, thats poorly colored

this is what its supposed to look like, hens are wheaton-ish colored
FaverolleMUK.JPEG
LittleRhodyChampCont'00.JPEG

You're not going to get a cross from a major hatchery. It might not be a good quality specimen, but it will be what they say it is. A hatchery wouldn't survive if they sent out random crosses instead of the breed you paid for.

What hatchery? I order from MMM and I've gotten a lot of different kinds of birds as my "free rare chick," and not all of them have been males. I've gotten a white-faced black Spanish hen, a Buttercup hen, an Easter Egger hen, a silver-penciled Rock rooster and a Lakenvelder rooster. I've also gotten extra female EEs and extra female Rocks as packing peanuts. I guess I've had better luck than many others. There's a lot of bitterness around about the "free rare chick" phenomenon.

Thanks for the information! I am not sure which hatchery my friend orded from. Unfortunately if it is a rooster, he will have to go. Will try to find him a home.

Back
Top Bottom