What is my little brown duckling?

jessicab123

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
I have a little brown duckling and a little mallard duckling i bought from my hometown orchlens for chick days. My little brown duckling is light brown with dark brown feet and a greyish brown bill.
What is it?

Last edited:
I picked up 2 khaki campbells today that look like that, but as a duckling it's hard to tell. Maybe cayuga? The campbells have mallard in them and the mature males have similar looking in markings, but with different coloring. My ducklings have a very slight olive tint to their brown (thus the khaki in the name).

its a khaki Campbell. it is no wheres near being a black duck at all

khaki as a duckling
KhCampDling.JPEG

if female will look like this
CFG7944.jpg

if male it will look like this (duck on right)
KhakiCambell.JPG

this is a Cayuga
19819d1282375833-cayuga-ducks-39876_425156111892_696821892_4654746_2880051_n.jpg

Hey y’all I’m so late to this party on figuring out what breed my ducks are! Lol I got a mix at my local feed store. My little one is little yellow with and brownish/olivish hue has a little brow spot on it’s head and fully on its tail.I have two of the same exact ducks in the photo posted so that helped figuring those two out but I need help with this little one can y’all tell me what breed this one is! Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 98
I have a little brown duckling and a little mallard duckling i bought from my hometown orchlens for chick days. My little brown duckling is light brown with dark brown feet and a greyish brown bill.
What is it?
So what did you wind up with? Cayuga or Khaki? My moneys on khaki!

Back
Top Bottom