What is my Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GraceAK, Dec 28, 2009.

1. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    The woman I got him from said he is a Silver Spangled Brahma. I dont know if that exists. I think he's a dark brahma that isnt fully feathered in yet, but I'd like to be sure.
    [​IMG]
    There's a full body picture of him. He's the black and white one.
    [​IMG]
    This is his face. Are Brahmas allowed to have Single combs? I thought they were supposed to have pea combs....
    I would just like to be sure what he is so I can honestly trade him in the future if I need to. I would actually prefer a bare legged breed, but hey, I got him for free.
    At least he's sweet.

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    He is Brahma mix.Brahma do not have single comb.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  3. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    I think it could be cochin mix, and have no brahma in it. cochin have single combs. the pea comb of brahma is supposed to be dominant, so if it has brahma in it, it was diluted in the parent too. not a bad looking roo however.

4. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I think its a bad example of a silver laced cochin, it has no brahma in it otherwise he would have a pea comb. He has dark brahma coloring, so I guess it may be possible to have a SC brahma because there usually crossed in there bloodline somewhere in most hatcherys. There are single combed silkies so anything is possible lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by