What is my Roo?

GraceAK

Songster
10 Years
Nov 28, 2009
Eagle River, AK
The woman I got him from said he is a Silver Spangled Brahma. I dont know if that exists. I think he's a dark brahma that isnt fully feathered in yet, but I'd like to be sure.
45101_bill.jpg

There's a full body picture of him. He's the black and white one.
45101_birbigglebug.jpg

This is his face. Are Brahmas allowed to have Single combs? I thought they were supposed to have pea combs....
I would just like to be sure what he is so I can honestly trade him in the future if I need to. I would actually prefer a bare legged breed, but hey, I got him for free.
At least he's sweet.

I think it could be cochin mix, and have no brahma in it. cochin have single combs. the pea comb of brahma is supposed to be dominant, so if it has brahma in it, it was diluted in the parent too. not a bad looking roo however.

I think its a bad example of a silver laced cochin, it has no brahma in it otherwise he would have a pea comb. He has dark brahma coloring, so I guess it may be possible to have a SC brahma because there usually crossed in there bloodline somewhere in most hatcherys. There are single combed silkies so anything is possible lol

Back
Top Bottom