Dfalco, I am no expert, but I had a situation similar to yours. What I did was moved my eggs a week before they were due into a better and safer situation. My hen though, was great, I had no concerns she would abandon the nest. It could have happened I suppose, but it didn't. The risk is trying to move them after they've hatched, if it's cold and the mom deserts the nest do you have a brooder set up? That would be my concern. Me, I had an incubator ready to go and I also had a brooder set up in case the one that hatched was rejected after I moved the balance of the eggs (see below). My situation was a bit different I was away and extra eggs had been laid (the person minding them overlooked them) and had been incubating for a while. I did not want to discard them so I moved everyone to a new nest in a pool and shut the nesting area from all the other hens (moved the nests to another place for them). When the first hatched I waited another day (hoping the others would hatch) then moved the rest to the incubator. It was risky but I did not want the hen to abandon the nest when they were due to hatch (within the week) nor did I want her to not feed the new chick on day 3 if I left them. I was also concerned she may just abandon the chick that had hatched if I meddled with the eggs so it's why I had a brooder set up too. It's been another 3 days and 2 more have hatched, and it looks like 3 more are pipping, so in this case I think it was the right call as mama is off the nest with her new baby but still sticking close to her hatchling. Have hope she may still take them under her wings though as she is still very protective. But, I'll see how it goes. Let me know what you decide to do.