What is on my chicks neck?

JAB123

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2020
He all, can anyone help me identify what is on my 11 day old chicks neck? I am afraid it's some sort of tumor that is getting pecked at..

Attachments

• 20201210_130305.jpg
    20201210_130305.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 16
All I can see from the photo is a scab. It may simply be that it got a peck injury, and the pecking has continued until it's the size it is. You might want to put some antibiotic ointment on it, and cover it lightly, so the other(s) won't peck at it.

Better pictures would help too.

Definitely go to the vet! That chick could be in a ton of pain and u don’t want it to get worse or suffer so please take it to the vet! If u care about ur pets u should do what you would do if you had something like that on ur neck- go to the doctor (vet)

Definitely go to the vet! That chick could be in a ton of pain and u don’t want it to get worse or suffer so please take it to the vet! If u care about ur pets u should do what you would do if you had something like that on ur neck- go to the doctor (vet)
Not everyone considers chickens pets that are worth going to the vet

Slow down, We don't know anything about it yet. Vets don't always help. And Just because they aren't at the vet this minute does not mean they don't care.

Back
Top Bottom