What is on this egg? chicken having hard time walking

lillypurrs23

Songster
9 Years
Sep 6, 2010
67193_pics_946.jpg

My chicken has been having a hard time walking, initially she was hopping on one foot and now she is struggling on two feet. She is panting. She is eating fine, drinking, and laid this egg today. Does anyone know what is on it? I am wondering if she has a broken egg or something in her? Please let me know if you have had a similar experience. Any suggestions. I brought her to the vet on Thursday. Vet said she might be egg bound. She laid an egg on Tues. Wednesday and thursday, none on Friday and this one today. She is just about 6months old.

My pullet is pullet is 6 months also. She started to lay a few days ago and she is slightly limping too. But, then again, my pullet is fat and used to be in the poultry plant 'til she fell off that truck. That was when she was about 6 weeks. We've had her since.

Is your pullet overweight? Does she seem to have trouble laying the egg? I think that the stuff on the egg might be dookey.

No, she's not overweight. She's probably having a little trouble since she's having a hard time standing.

Back
Top Bottom