What is one food that your chickens just will NOT eat?

Mine don't like carrots either
smile.png

Cucumbers! I put two in the hanging feeder yesterday and they are still their--just a few pecks! Everything else I put in that feeder is GONE in two hours!! I'll take them out and replace them with some cabbage tomorrow.... Bananas they LOVE!

I haven't found anything they won't eat, sometimes if it's not their favorite it will take them longer to finish it. I only give them fresh vegis and sometimes cheese, scrambled egg and sunflower seeds.

I have given mine frozen (thawed) mix veggies they seem to leave the green beans and eat the peas carrots and corn. Gave them cabbage they didn't seem to like it and they have eaten brocolli but the last time I gave them it they didn't eat it.

Has anyone tried butternut squash?

Mine won't eat strawberries! Their second least favorite food, though, is carrots. The only way they will eat them is if I leave them raw, & shred them, even then they will only eat them after an hour or 2 of being cooped up in their pen (a 20' x 20' run). Once I let them out to free range you can forget about them touching those carrots! I haven't tried cukes yet.

Between the chickens, ducks and dogs nothing goes to
waste in my house. My reds will eat anything....cept cat
poop. The dog apparently dibbed that.
ep.gif

I have not found anything that they wouldnt eat so far. Almost any vegi they love. And i found out by a fluke that my chicken gonzo LOVES pizza rolls!! haha. I dropped one on the floor and she attacked it.. ate it up!

Mine will not touch raw shredded carrots either. Cooked they will eat, more like peck at through out the day. In the summer I freeze left over stew in a plastic container and set the block out. The chickens will spend hours pecking at it until it is all gone. Good chicken Popsicle for hot days.

Back
Top Bottom