What is Rose mixed with??

autumnmfisher

Songster
7 Years
Jun 11, 2012
North East, PA
ok, Rose - bs hen, but she's got to be mixed with somthing else she looks so much different from the bs hen we just got - here's picts:

Above is Cleopatra - our new bs hen. Below is Rose.

i see the similarities, white head, cream color for the majority of the body. etc.
but i see differences too: Cleopatra has distinct barring on her back. Rose does not. Cleopatra is much lighter overall/a much lighter cream. Rose is a dark cream and has brown in many different shades all over her. Cleo has no color on her neck and Rose (look close at the last pict - back upper side of her neck) has this very dark blue purplish feathers comming in, like the color i've seen on dark pieds. I've seen picts of bs females with color on the back of their necks but can't remember if it was this color. Can they be this different? or do you think Rose is mixed with another kind? If so any ideas? Sorry no better picts. our new peas are still a bit scared of us and Rose never liked the camera.

Here's a older body shot of Rose at 15 weeks - she hasn't changed much. you can see the first colored feathers on her neck just starting to come in. there's much better lighting in this picture.

ok i got some new picts of her at about 5.5 months. maybe these will help... plus maybe she's mixed with purple? that color has spread around the top of her neck now. and she seems to be getting a bit darker and in the 2nd and 3rd pict you can see her crest is now comming in dark - can't tell if its color - no sun :( she's changed the most in the last couple weeks. our other peas aren't changing as much now. - well the new bs male has added alot of color.

Back
Top Bottom