What is the best antibiotic?

jannisol

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2017
My button quail is sick so i was wondering what would be the best antibiotic for bacterial infection?

My button quail is sick so i was wondering what would be the best antibiotic for bacterial infection?
I'm here to vouch for the all natural way, which always works for me. I use oregano water, which is oregano leaves steeped in warm water, then let the water cool to room temp. Rotating that and Nutri drench (vitamin supplement with molasses, sold at tractor supply), will really help. Nurti Drench is safe for all poultry, not just chickens lol! Giving her green tea will also help. I would make sure that she's eating and drinking to stay strong. If you don't believe in the naturals, I recommend taking her to an avian vet (they can be tricky to find, and expensive at times) They would be able to give you an anitbiotic that would help. :)

i have been dosing her with corid for the past 5 days but see no improvement. shes losing a lot of weight and her poop is very runny and it smells very bad. My guess is that it is a bacterial infection. Im afraid i might lose her soon and im desperate. vets are full in my area.

i have been dosing her with corid for the past 5 days but see no improvement. shes losing a lot of weight and her poop is very runny and it smells very bad. My guess is that it is a bacterial infection. Im afraid i might lose her soon and im desperate. vets are full in my area.
It sounds like it could be cocci. I'm sorry she's not improving! Try giving her some scrambled eggs and oatmeal, that may help.

Back
Top Bottom