What is the best bait for a smart ‘coon!?

I suspect they meant Duke brand coil spring traps... not Duke brand dog proof traps.

Duke is just a brand of trap, but I’ve noticed that some folks sometimes call one style or another “Dukes”

I’ve caught just about every type of furbearer in coil spring traps, only ever caught ‘coons and ‘possums in dog proof style traps...but I have not used that type of trap much.
Ah I see now that I look and read more closely :oops: :lol:

Really!? Fox in a Dukes?!
I suspect they meant Duke brand coil spring traps... not Duke brand dog proof traps.

Duke is just a brand of trap, but I’ve noticed that some folks sometimes call one style or another “Dukes”

I’ve caught just about every type of furbearer in coil spring traps, only ever caught ‘coons and ‘possums in dog proof style traps...but I have not used that type of trap much.

Oops, yea, I was referring to the coil spring traps, although I think ours aren’t even Dukes brand. I couldn’t remember the name of them. :oops:

...although I think ours aren’t even Dukes brand...

Lol... that might be the most loose use of ‘Duke’ yet.
;)

I've never tried it but I hear marshmallows attracts coons.

Yep that works great too... I used to have a young “pet” coon that would come by each evening while I was sitting on the porch, and I’d throw him some marshmallows, he loved them... his little sister didn’t care for them that much though... she liked salted peanuts in the shell.... but they weren’t so picky as to turn either down and coons in general aren’t really that choosy.

I caught Raccoons with Cat Food, I also caught cats with cat food lol. To avoid catching cats I used honey and eggs. Sounds like you tried everything already. Now you need a trap that doesn't look like a trap. Maybe building a dummy coop with a one way door, stick all your unwanted Cockerels in there, kill 2 birds with one stone if you had that 2nd bird to kill (pardon the pun).

peeled hard boiled egg in a panty hose hanging on the inside of the cage far enough from the ends and sides that it can't be pulled through. I put a piece of plywood on top to prevent it from being pulled through the top. Can also do on the side and back.

Back
Top Bottom