1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is the best day of week to ship eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dheltzel, Mar 31, 2016.

1. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    I am sending eggs to a friend about 1000 miles away. I can send them any day of the week (always picking the freshest to send). Would Monday be the best day, to avoid the package sitting somewhere over a weekend? Or does the flow of other packages and the modes of transportation make shipping on Fri or Sat better?

I am planning to mail them via USPS, priority mail, with special handling. The special handling costs about $11 more, but I understand they put it into a basket and it gets handled gently rather than thrown around the facilities like a ball. Has anyone used this, does it help?

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Monday is best that way it gives the most travel time possible, I had an incubator come a day late because our stupid post office would not send it out it got there at 10:18 (we knew because sit had a tracker on it) and my eggs were getting old quick luckily all are developing but the best day to get it shipped is on monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by