What is the best de-worming product for Chickens ?

I did a walk in at the vet in Hilo about 2 months ago and have been using it ever since. I live on the island of Hawaii and originally wanted to know how to keep these crazy ants away from my birds. The vet told me that it would help with ants, parasites, and mites. Apparently mutes are all over the island and because of humidity would likely have a problem before I knew it. I'm curious to know how it will harm my chickens cause it keeps the little fire ants at bay and my chickens seem pretty happy. You guys are worrying me

I did a walk in at the vet in Hilo about 2 months ago and have been using it ever since. I live on the island of Hawaii and originally wanted to know how to keep these crazy ants away from my birds. The vet told me that it would help with ants, parasites, and mites. Apparently mutes are all over the island and because of humidity would likely have a problem before I knew it. I'm curious to know how it will harm my chickens cause it keeps the little fire ants at bay and my chickens seem pretty happy. You guys are worrying me
Go inhale some real quick...(PLEASE DO NOT I am kidding) and see how you feel.

No way in the world I would intentionally feed DE to my birds.
No way in the world you can convince me that it will kill a worm inside a wet bird.

Go inhale some real quick...(PLEASE DO NOT I am kidding) and see how you feel.

No way in the world I would intentionally feed DE to my birds.
No way in the world you can convince me that it will kill a worm inside a wet bird.
Well, why would the vet recommend that? I'm so confused. What would you guys use to keep little fire ants out of a nesting box? I don't want to use poison at all. I also have newly hatched chicks that I don't want to get eaten alive by these crazy ants. The bites feel like electricity on me and there is nothing to subside the pain as it goes on for about 45 minutes so I really don't want my babies suffering from those bites.

Well, why would the vet recommend that? I'm so confused. What would you guys use to keep little fire ants out of a nesting box? I don't want to use poison at all. I also have newly hatched chicks that I don't want to get eaten alive by these crazy ants. The bites feel like electricity on me and there is nothing to subside the pain as it goes on for about 45 minutes so I really don't want my babies suffering from those bites.
Ants and intestinal worms are two very different things.
I have never tried to use DE to rid ants.
Go ahead and try it, I'd love to know if it works for you, for the ant issue.
As far as using it for anything worm related, just don't.
Don't waste your time or money or your birds health.

Back
Top Bottom