what is the best knife.

I manage a small dairy farm and pretty much always have a folding box cutter on me, it cuts anything and the blades are about $0.04 a piece, for killing chickens my favorite tool is a small spined paring knife, victorinox does make a high quality very usable knife. If you don't feel like shelling out the cash for a good knife a box cutter works almost as well, I've had to bleed a cow out using a box cutter as well and i actually worked surprisingly well.

I manage a small dairy farm and pretty much always have a folding box cutter on me, it cuts anything and the blades are about $0.04 a piece, for killing chickens my favorite tool is a small spined paring knife, victorinox does make a high quality very usable knife. If you don't feel like shelling out the cash for a good knife a box cutter works almost as well, I've had to bleed a cow out using a box cutter as well and i actually worked surprisingly well.

Wow, who would guess? I suppose though, you don't have to get that deep, right?

Which one do you have? I'm looking on Amazon, and there are a few different options.

This no-frills one.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cu...=1454032959&sr=8-16&keywords=victorinox+knife

Got through 1.5 days of Turkey processing in the fall and only had to run it through one of those Teflon sharpeners quickly towards the end. Didn't have it for summer broilers, but I imagine if used correctly, my guess is it would do 100 birds before giving you a messy cut.

Probably a little longer than needed for poultry, but I had my spring pig in mind when I bought it. I do find the length helps finesse around the vent though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom