What is the easiest roof to install?

Pics
In searching for 5v, one supply store suggested a local manufacturer. Did some more research think I'm going with

https://metallionroofingandsiding.com/metal-profile/magna-rib/

They offer it in metal and poly so Im thinking one or two poly for light. The profile should be an easy install and it's for direct install on purlins.

Thanks all!
I've used that too - different brand, same profile. Its a good product. Stiffer than 5v actually, and (locally) a thicker guage, so more expensive. No complaints on quality.

I've used that too - different brand, same profile. Its a good product. Stiffer than 5v actually, and (locally) a thicker guage, so more expensive. No complaints on quality.

So ive installed this twice now, one small 5x4 mini coop for mammas and other special needs, the other 8x15 on a 8x12 turkey shed.

Absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad I asked. Everything about this install was 100x better than corrugated, and it wasnt particularly expensive either. I bought enough for other projects as well (rabbits, sheep, fort, work area) so I'll be busy building

Great thread!!

Can anyone else confirm 2x6 rafters and 1x4 purlins?

I built a 12+' by ~40' slanted open pole shed (stove wood storage and run). I used rough cut 2" by 6" with 1" by 4" strapping, 16"OC. Salvage metal roof with membrane underlay.

I get lots of snow+ice rain+freeze/thaw and freely walk on it without having to worry about where I put my feet.

So ive installed this twice now, one small 5x4 mini coop for mammas and other special needs, the other 8x15 on a 8x12 turkey shed.

Absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad I asked. Everything about this install was 100x better than corrugated, and it wasnt particularly expensive either. I bought enough for other projects as well (rabbits, sheep, fort, work area) so I'll be busy building
Happy I was able to help. Have a great morning, and good luck on the future builds

Happy I was able to help. Have a great morning, and good luck on the future builds

Well so far you have two big wins in my project, this roofing and the jhooks. (Building 3 of 4 almost completed). I'd send you some eggs as a reward but something tells me you don't need them, so instead, many thanks and may your next project build itself.

Well so far you have two big wins in my project, this roofing and the jhooks. (Building 3 of 4 almost completed). I'd send you some eggs as a reward but something tells me you don't need them, so instead, many thanks and may your next project build itself.
Honestly, its a gift to me that you DON'T send me eggs. I'll "take it", with my thanks!

Really, the above mention is more than enough. But we will want to see pictures.

Back
Top Bottom