What is the Feed Date on Feed bags???

SuperChiks

Songster
8 Years
May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Silly question I'm sure but...what exactly is the date printed on the bottom of the Feed bags? Is it the date that feed was bagged? Or the expiration date? I use Purina Starter.

Quote:
Date bagged. Expiration date can be calculated from that and affects to temperature, humidity and whether or not bag opened if some nutrient / ingredients prone to degredation. Sometimes includes info about batch as well if multiple ran in a day. Helps track problems that might be related to a particular ingredient.

Quote:
Date bagged. Expiration date can be calculated from that and affects to temperature, humidity and whether or not bag opened if some nutrient / ingredients prone to degredation. Sometimes includes info about batch as well if multiple ran in a day. Helps track problems that might be related to a particular ingredient.

Ok cause I just bought a bag of Purina (on July 1st) that said June 30th and the feed was more brownish than I've seen it. I know it will vary but what is fresh suppose to look like. I sure hope it wasn't June 30th of last year!!!

On one bag of organic feed I had it had a use by date. Usually that is three months from the date of manufacture. At least with that brand it was.

Back
Top Bottom