What is the most bossy chicken breed?

alexa009

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have different variety of chicken breeds and a lot of them are only about 9 weeks. I was wondering if any breeds of chickens are meaner than others. If so, then what breeds?

Any chicken can be mean,but some breeds are more known to be mean,it is the blood.Jungle fowl or any "fighting" breed,is usually gonna be mean,but some other breeds like Rhode Island reds are very aggressive as well.I had two Rhode island reds a very long time ago,and they stuck together and turned my flock upside down,they made every hen aggressive and bullied the sensitive ones.Black sex links seem to be quite aggressive,or a better term,bossy.The two I have,have never been aggressive,just want things their way.New Hampshire reds are somewhat aggressive.I have a friendly,bossy hen who even threatens me at times,and will even get attitudes with our roosters,but even other New Hampshire I have are pretty aggressive,especially when towards weaker,or smaller members.

Rhode island reds were always a popular breed to me. I never knew they could get bossy. Thanks a lot for your help!

I had an RIR rooster that was about the coolest guy you'd ever meet. He loved people and didn't have an agressive bone in his body. I lost him to a predator that attached one of my Bantam Cochin's, he ran in and got taken, the Cochin survived. She still hasn't grown the feathers back and took a while to heal the nasty cuts she got but, she just hatched 7 eggs and is making an excellent Mama Hen. I still miss that little RIR, he was a lot of fun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Any chicken can be mean,but some breeds are more known to be mean,it is the blood.Jungle fowl or any "fighting" breed,is usually gonna be mean,but some other breeds like Rhode Island reds are very aggressive as well.I had two Rhode island reds a very long time ago,and they stuck together and turned my flock upside down,they made every hen aggressive and bullied the sensitive ones.Black sex links seem to be quite aggressive,or a better term,bossy.The two I have,have never been aggressive,just want things their way.New Hampshire reds are somewhat aggressive.I have a friendly,bossy hen who even threatens me at times,and will even get attitudes with our roosters,but even other New Hampshire I have are pretty aggressive,especially when towards weaker,or smaller members.
my hybridized red jungle fowl rooster is the sweetest bird ive ever had he will stand by baby chicks hes never seen before and let them peck and pull on his wattles it looks painful but he doesnt seem to mindXP

Back
Top Bottom