What is the smallest breed of bantam?

jipjip

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Hi can anyone tell me what is the smallest type of bantam.
Is there a really small breed that can be also tamed and petted.
(Some of the smaller ones I have seen are really flighty)

Also I'm not sure if I can get Dutch Bantams in New Zealand - I have not seen them here before but then I haven't really been looking....now I will keep an eye out for them.

Oops my first reply doesn't seem to have come up.
I did want to say thanks and I liked your rats!
Do you know if Dutch bantams will become tame if handled regularly?

Thanks
smile.png

The Standard describes them as sprightly, alert, and graceful and I've heard they are energetic and beautiful with sweet dispositions. I"ve never had them, so I can only go by what I've been told or read.

Hi there
I just had a look at your website - are all those pictures of your bantams? what are those weird looking pink ones??!

Quote:
They are all pics of my chooks except the first 2. The "pink" ones are breed develop by israeli scientist... got it there to show the wife, told her I'll get some when they come to NZ...
big_smile.png

Very strange! they look likes something from a sci fi movie. Margaret Atwood wrote about a futuristic "chicken" called "chickyknobs" or something like that - it just ate and grew chicken meat - no feathers or wings didn't walk around etc. just grew lumps that could be processed by the fast-food industry. Looks like the Israeli scientist is on the way....

I think your bantams look a lot more attractive.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom