What is this and how do I treat please!

CrazyChickLady64

Songster
Nov 5, 2023
Sulphur Springs Texas
One of my 6 week old chickens poop what is this? They are on
Naturewise chick and starter grower. Have not taken them outside as they are 6 weeks today and the weather hasn't been warm enough. Eating, drinking and not acting sick. I know this isn't normal how should I treat this? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_133101988~2.jpg
    IMG_20240201_133101988~2.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 49
Is there anything in the poop that you could cut in two? Is there any blood or pink in the poop? Do you have any Corid around? I might be tempted to either start some Corid in their water or watch them carefully for any more of this poop. What are they eating?

Is there anything in the poop that you could cut in two? Is there any blood or pink in the poop? Do you have any Corid around? I might be tempted to either start some Corid in their water or watch them carefully for any more of this poop. What are they eating?
I do have corid I posted a picture of the poop I didn't see any blood they are on naturewise starter grower I did give the medicated for two weeks then started them on non medicated

If you give the Corid, do not mix anything with it or give other fluids. It needs to be the only source of water she has. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. The background of the picture is pink, so hard to tell if that is also pink or has blood. But the chucks are concerning.

If you give the Corid, do not mix anything with it or give other fluids. It needs to be the only source of water she has. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. The background of the picture is pink, so hard to tell if that is also pink or has blood. But the chucks are concerning.
It was on top of a cardboard box I cut holes in for them to play in. I think it's the red heat lamp that is giving it that pinkish color. I did not see any pink or red in it it was more yellowish

Here is a picture of some more on the box but it's not runny and it does have some pink in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_185614089~2.jpg
    IMG_20240201_185614089~2.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom