What is this and how much do u think it will cost to fix????????

thanks everyone. i sent the photo to my vet and he said hes not sure exacatly what it is from the pic but it dnt look like it will effect her vision or cause pain. it just looks irritating. he said to try several things u guys mentioned to see if it will go down. if it dont change then we can take her in. its $75 an office visit. the medication if its cherry eye is $150 and the surgery for cherry eye is $500. He also said it could be an eye tumor which will cause loss of vision and they may have to remove the eye if they cant take off the tumor. Soo i guess ill find out what it is if the treatments dnt work and i have to take her in.

Personally I would take her in and get it checked out, especially if your vet's advice is based on the photo you posted here. Maybe it's just the picture, but your girl's thing seems to be in the lateral corner, not the medial (the corner closest to the center of her face). It certainly looks similar to cherry eye, but I've never seen cherry eye in the lateral corner, it's always been the medial corner in the cases that I've seen personally. If you try the things your vet suggested and it doesn't get any better in the next day or day and a half, I'd book an appointment as soon as possible just in case.

Personally I would take her in and get it checked out, especially if your vet's advice is based on the photo you posted here. Maybe it's just the picture, but your girl's thing seems to be in the lateral corner, not the medial (the corner closest to the center of her face). It certainly looks similar to cherry eye, but I've never seen cherry eye in the lateral corner, it's always been the medial corner in the cases that I've seen personally. If you try the things your vet suggested and it doesn't get any better in the next day or day and a half, I'd book an appointment as soon as possible just in case.

ok thank u. ill do that

My first female Maremma had a similar growth in her eye.
After spending a little over a thousand dollars, it was diagnosed as a rare form of cancer.
They tried to remove the tumor but couldnt get it all

They wanted $2500 to remove the eye and $8000 to do radiation every other day for a month, but I decided not to put her through all that

The dog died about 6 weeks later

aww im srry to hear about ur dog. i really hope this isnt wat ur dog had

My first female Maremma had a similar growth in her eye.
After spending a little over a thousand dollars, it was diagnosed as a rare form of cancer.
They tried to remove the tumor but couldnt get it all

They wanted $2500 to remove the eye and $8000 to do radiation every other day for a month, but I decided not to put her through all that

The dog died about 6 weeks later

Back
Top Bottom