what is this breed please help....

lisab123

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 3, 2007
england
ive been given some chicken eggs to hatch in my incubator and was told they are called hi lines i have never heard of this breed,what do they look like? what are they? has anybody got any idea or know what they look like or if they are a type of cross what are they crossed with,many thanks lisa

The only info I've been able to find on them is:

The A & M Hatchery, like others, stocks two popular hybrid chickens—the meaty Cornish White Rocks and the super layers known as Hi-Line White Leghorns—that have been specially developed to allow sexing from the pattern made by the feather sprouts on their wing tips at hatch.

If the bird is a cockerel, the feather sprouts are all the same length and make a tall, straight bow line. A pullet, in contrast, shows an alternating tall boxshort box pattern.

Sounds like you have some leghorns coming!
big_smile.png

hi,thankyou for your reply and info its very much appreciated the eggs are due to hatch in 2 weeks so i will post a few pictures on here just to make sure exactly what they are,many thanks lisa:)

Wow..looks like this thread is dead and buried..I will try to get it going again..what breed is this? I got 5 straight run bantams from rural King..one was golden sebright, 3 mille fleur (SP)?..and one who is a mystery..this girl is TINY, TINY, TINy..she looks like And is about the size of a dove. Her name is FeFe..these pics don't really show how very small she is..but she is about half the size of my other bantoms..trying to figure out how to post pics..I say "she" due to her appearance, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong....she has one bent toe, but the pic looks much worse than it actually is..just one is a little bent,,she arrived that way and I didn't notice til I got home..her personality is what I would call flighty..she does not like to be around d me unless she is hungry..seems to stay away from me as much as possible,,as well as to any other chickens I have..its been VERY difficult to get a decent pic of her..but we did the best we could. My friend holding her has very small hands. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom